The Piano Has Been Thinking (M Bar 2007) is an episode of the Thrilling Adventure Hour Treasury released From the Vault.
Episode audio on Megaphone
- Sparks Nevada - Marc Evan Jackson
- Croach the Tracker - Mark Gagliardi
- Rebecca Rose Rushmore - Paget Brewster
- The Saloon Doors - Annie Savage
- Felton - Craig Cackowski
- Barkeep - Hal Lublin
- Mutante - John DiMaggio
- The Piano - Paul F. Tompkins
The main crux of the plot is much as the same as the version performed at Largo and for the Concert Film, with the subtraction of the Red Plains Rider and Cactoid Jim subplot, and without Techs appearing.
- Dan Bucatino for Everlane
- Dan Bucatino for Eero Wifi
- Dan Bucatino for Away Luggage
- This segment was later performed in revised form at Largo in The Piano has Been Thinking (TAH #70) and as part of the Concert Film.
Differences from Largo canon
- The main crux of the plot is much as the same as the version performed at Largo and for the Concert Film, with the subtraction of the Red Plains Rider and Cactoid Jim subplot, and without Techs appearing.
- Several songs are also not in this version of the musical: Haaaalp, Written in the Stars, I'm Gonna Kill You Someday and the Broadway Style Medley Reprise.
- As Techs does not appear but is mentioned, Felton speaks to Sparks and Rebecca while looking for the Marshal instead.
- Croach does not fulfill his onus to Sparks in this version. Rather, he was deeper indebted to Sparks than ever, as he missed Sparks' showdown with Techs entirely while digging wells for his tribe's younglings, and remains under onus at the end of the episode.
- The episode ends after The Space Saloon's final verse of Poor Me, Pour Me Another. Rebecca does not break up with Sparks, nor does Croach leave Sparks to return to his tribe.
- There are several places where dialog diverges from later versions of the show, but the overall plot remains the same.
- It's unknown where this episode takes place in M Bar Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars canon, but in main podcast canon, The Piano Has Been Thinking takes place at episode #70, after Showdown, You Move Too Fast (TAH #65) and before Hypercattle Overdrive (TAH #74).
- The previous episode is The Bronx Bomber - One, Two, Three Stikes, You're Dead!, which is part of We Have Had Some Rain Lately and Other Stories (TC #2).
- The next episode is It's Christmas Apparently! (TC #3).
This episode was recorded at M Bar on March 3, 2007. It was released on December 10, 2018.