Poetry Commotion is an episode of The Adventures of Captain Laserbeam.
- Captain Laserbeam - John DiMaggio
- Phillip Fathom - Hal Lublin
- Patrick - Craig Cackowski
- Emily - Annie Savage
- King Cool - James Urbaniak
- Narrator - Mark McConville
Captain Laserbeam and Phillip Fathom are eating ice cream and discussing how Great Scott is a good guy but just can't stop telling his origin story. The Adventurekateer distress signal calls Captain Laserbeam to the Adventurekateer clubhouse where he finds Patrick, Emily, and her cousin Elisabeth; however, unlike the first time Elisabeth visited, she is Patrick's guest this time.
Patrick reveals that the vile villain who needs to be vanquished is none other than his father, Wallace, who is out of jail and back to being a henchman - this time for King Cool.
King Cool is planning to put a relaxative (secret ingredient ennui-ium) into Apex City's water supply. Wallace has stolen the chemicals needed for this plan and is waiting to be paid for his services. King Cool refuses to pay him, so Wallace threatens to steal a crown; this results in King Cool firing Wallace.
Captain Laserbeam arrives and Wallace turns on the death trap, the discombobulator, then puts King Cool in the trap as well. Patrick appears (not just in spirit) and distracts Wallace long enough for Phillip Fathom to dismantle the death trap. When Phillip Fathom theatens Wallace, Patrick gets in the way and insists that there is good in his father. Patrick freeze-lasers King Cool and Captain Laserbeam calls the Apex City Police to let them know they can detain King Cool.
- This is the 169th episode of The Thrilling Adventure Hour.
- The previous episode is Fan Questions Answered #5.
- The next episode is Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars - Inventor-y.
- The previous episode in The Adventures of Captain Laserbeam canon is Three Sides to Every Story (TAH #163).
- The next episode in The Adventures of Captain Laserbeam canon is Try Triangle Again (TAH #207).
This episode was recorded at Largo on March 8, 2014 and released on June 9, 2014.