Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Corpse is an episode of Beyond Belief.
Frank and Sadie accidentally summon the spirit/famous urban legend Bloody Mary while talking about cocktails. They briefly pretend to be scared (which they find a lot of fun), but soon bond with Bloody Mary over liquor and gossip that she's picked up from the various teenage sleepovers that she's been summoned to.
Mary feels another group of teenagers summoning her and, wanting to stay with the Doyles, manages to resist. Unfortunately, her resistance pulls the group of teenagers to the Doyle's apartment instead. Rather than force the Doyles to have to put up with them, Mary tries to send the teenagers back to their sleepover, but for spell to work she would have to go with them.
The Doyles bid Mary farewell, promising to summon her again soon.
- In the original performance of this segment in October 2013, Rebecca Mader played Bloody Mary and Annie Savage, Natalie Morales, and Fiona Gubelmann played the teenagers.
- According to Paul F. Tompkins at the TAH Panel From New York Comic Con 2014, in her appearance as Bloody Mary Rebecca Mader swore on stage without realizing it and subsequently ended up in a battle of obscene gestures with Paget Brewster.
- Clink count: 5
- This is the 156th episode of The Thrilling Adventure Hour.
- The previous episode is Desdemona Hughes, Diva Detective - Baron Lightworker's Party.
- The next episode is Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars - La Venganza de Los Bandititos, with the special episode On with the Show (TAH #156.1) in between.
- The previous episode in Beyond Belief canon is When Cthulu Cthalls (TAH #153).
- The next episode in Beyond Belief canon is The Heart is a Lonely Haunter (TAH #159).
This episode was originally performed and recorded at Largo at the Coronet on October 5, 2013. It was later re-recorded January 19, 2014 at the Nerdist Theater at Meltdown Comics due to audio issues with the original recording. It was released on March 10, 2014.